More information on the 2020 event, coming soon!
In the meantime, please read about our inaugural event in 2019, which attracted over 340 delegates –
Nau piki mai! Nau kake mai!
The Sport NZ Women + Girls Summit is where play, active recreation and sport come together.
Event: Sport NZ Women + Girls Summit 2019
Date: Monday, 7 October 2019
Time: 8:30am – 5:15pm
Venue: Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa | Wellington, New Zealand
Pricing: Ticket sales have now closed – we will announce more information on the 2020 Summit soon!
The Sport NZ Women + Girls Summit, delivered by Women in Sport Aotearoa and the Shift Foundation.
A one-day event for those working or contributing to play, active recreation and sport for our women and girls.
Featuring expert contributions from keynote speakers and panellists on leadership, participation, value and visibility, the Summit promises to be an empowering and interactive event.
If you are passionate about diversity, gender equity and inclusion for women and girls or thinking about how you can apply a gender equity lens, then this event is for you.
Our confirmed speakers and panellists in 2019 included:
- Karen Skinner – Head of Respect and Inclusion at NZ Rugby
- Beatrice Faumuinā ONZM OLY – Senior Advisor Pacific Relations: Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Dr Nicole M. LaVoi – Director of the Tucker Center for Research on Girls & Women in Sport, and a Senior Lecturer in the School of Kinesiology at the University of Minnesota
- Professor Sarah Leberman, Co-Chair and Co-Founder of Women in Sport Aotearoa and Professor of Leadership, Massey University
- Peter Miskimmin – Chief Executive, Sport NZ
- Peter Wardell – New Zealand Olympic Committee, National Partner – Forsyth Barr, Lincoln University Council
- Rhonda Koroheke – General Manager, HR and Diversity & Inclusion: Spark NZ
- Mike Keech – Impact Sponsorship
- Esther Bukholt – Community Recreation and Sport Programme Manager, Recreation Aotearoa
- Kris Mayo – Associate Director, Nielsen
- We are also pleased to advise that the Hon Grant Robertson, Minister for Sport & Recreation, accepted our invitation to attend.
The Summit includes:
- Live presentations and group discussions about the challenges and opportunities for women and girls in play, active recreation and sport
- Interactive sessions and panels designed with your needs in mind, to help you co-create solutions to shape your future work and successfully navigate a quickly changing environment
- Strong networking opportunities and the ability to connect with peers or experts working in or experiencing similar challenges and opportunities
- A final session at the end of the day which will synthesise key outcomes from each session. We will develop a series of actions to take us forward together as we aim to collectively support all women and girls to realise their potential in and through play, sport and active recreation in Aotearoa, New Zealand
If you are involved in play, active recreation or sport, this is an event you won’t want to miss!
- Gain valuable and practical insights that can be applied immediately
- Build your network and create relationships to support your work into the future
- Meet and hear from local and global experts
- Understand and learn how to increase diversity, inclusion and non-bias in your role
- Learn, be inspired, contribute and connect
We would love to have you join us in 2020.
Please click here to see more information on our programme for 2019. For more information on our Speakers for 2019, please click here.
A Sport NZ event, delivered by Women in Sport Aotearoa and The Shift Foundation, the 2019 Summit was the first of an annual women and girls in play, active recreation and sport event series, over 2019-2021.
The annual event is one of the 24 commitments made by Sport NZ in response to the Government strategy for Women and Girls in Sport and Active Recreation launched in October 2018.
The event series will build on the successful ‘She Moves. She Leads. We Win.’ symposium in 2017 and will culminate in Aotearoa New Zealand’s hosting of the 8th IWG World Conference – Auckland, 5-8 May 2022.