Nau piki mai! Nau kake mai!
The Sport NZ Women + Girls Summit 2019 is where play, active recreation and sport come together.
Event: Sport NZ Women + Girls Summit 2019
Date: Monday, 7 October 2019
Time: 8:30am – 5:30pm
Venue: Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa | Wellington, New Zealand
Pricing: 200 tickets are now available:
- Earlybird: $200 + GST per person until 16 September 2019
- Last minute: $250 + GST per person post 16 September 2019 until sold out
- Registrations will close on 30 September 2019, if not sold out prior
Make sure you attend the Sport NZ Women + Girls Summit, delivered by Women in Sport Aotearoa and the Shift Foundation.
A one-day event for those working or contributing to play, active recreation and sport for our women and girls.
Featuring expert contributions from keynote speakers and panellists on leadership, participation, value and visibility, the Summit promises to be an empowering and interactive event.
If you are passionate about diversity, gender equity and inclusion for women and girls or thinking about how you can apply a gender equity lens, then this event is for you.
We are delighted to announce our first wave of confirmed speakers and panellists, with more announcements to come!
- Dr Nicole LaVoi – Director of the Tucker Center for Research on Girls & Women in Sport, and a Senior Lecturer in the School of Kinesiology at the University of Minnesota (Keynote Speaker)
- Jennah Wootten – General Manager, Partnerships and Communications Sport NZ (Keynote Speaker)
- Rhonda Koroheke – General Manager, HR and Diversity & Inclusion: Spark NZ (Panel Facilitator, Diversity Matters)
- Mary Fisher – Paralympian and Board Member, Paralympics New Zealand (Panellist, Diversity Matters)
- Beatrice Faumuina ONZM OLY – Senior Advisor Pacific Relations: Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (Panellist, Diversity Matters)
- Bailey Peterson (Ngāi Tahu, Te Arawa) – Coordinator, The Shift Foundation, Masterton District Council (Panellist, Diversity Matters)
- Ingrid Cronin-Knight – NZ Cricketer, Board Member NZ Cricket and Country Manager MYOB (Panellist, Diversity Matters)
- We are also pleased to advise that the Hon Grant Robertson, Minister for Sport & Recreation, has accepted our invitation to attend.
The Summit includes:
- Live presentations and group discussions about the challenges and opportunities for women and girls in play, active recreation and sport
- Interactive sessions and panels designed with your needs in mind, to help you co-create solutions to shape your future work and successfully navigate a quickly changing environment
- Strong networking opportunities and the ability to connect with peers or experts working in or experiencing similar challenges and opportunities
- A final session at the end of the day which will synthesise key outcomes from each session. We will develop a series of actions to take us forward together as we aim to collectively support all women and girls to realise their potential in and through play, sport and active recreation in Aotearoa, New Zealand
If you are involved in play, active recreation or sport, this is an event you won’t want to miss!
- Gain valuable and practical insights that can be applied immediately
- Build your network and create relationships to support your work into the future
- Meet and hear from local and global experts
- Understand and learn how to increase diversity, inclusion and non-bias in your role
- Learn, be inspired, contribute and connect
We would love to have you join us. Please click here to see more information on our programme for the day.
Help Shape The Day!
By collecting your experiences and ideas, we are seeking to use the power of our community to shape the content and format of the first annual Summit and those planned for 2020 and 2021.
The discussions at the Summit will involve a broad range of contributors gathering together as a working collective to share, connect, educate and inspire – and we need your insights to ensure we deliver what is needed most.
Please take five minutes to complete this short survey, telling us about you, your work, and the topics and presenters you would be most interested in hearing from: Click here to complete our survey.
Tō tātou ara whakamua (our path ahead) will be led by these discussions, as we shape the future of play, active recreation and sport for women and girls in Aotearoa New Zealand.
A Sport NZ event, delivered by Women in Sport Aotearoa and The Shift Foundation, the 2019 Summit will be the first of an annual women and girls in play, active recreation and sport event series, over 2019-2021.
The annual event is one of the 24 commitments made by Sport NZ in response to the Government strategy for Women and Girls in Sport and Active Recreation launched in October 2018.
The event series will build on the successful ‘She Moves. She Leads. We Win.’ symposium in 2017 and will culminate in Aotearoa New Zealand’s hosting of the 8th IWG World Conference – Auckland, 5-8 May 2022.