IWG Māori Scholarships 2022
Applications Open Now.
He Wāhine Toa Ki Te Kokiri, the Treaty of Waitangi based governance entity of Women in Sport Aotearoa (WISPA), Māori Women’s Development Inc. (MWDI), Māori Women’s Welfare League (MWWL) and Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei have partnered with Barfoot & Thompson and WISPA co-chair Sarah Leberman MNZM to offer 50 Scholarships to support wāhine Māori and to provide young kōhine with the opportunity to participate in the 8th IWG World Conference on Women & Sport in Tāmaki Makaurau from the 14 – 17 November 2022.
We invite wāhine Māori and young kōhine Māori aged between 16 and 30 who are interested in the opportunity to attend the conference under scholarship support.
Here are some important things you need to do before completing the form:
1. View the Conference programme here and get an idea of what sessions you would be interested in participating in.
2. Be ready to share your pēpeha, and basic information, upload a photo of yourself and answer a few questions in this application.
3. Have someone endorse your application and provide their details on this form.
4. Applications close on Sunday 28 August 2022
IMPORTANT: The scholarship covers registration ONLY. You will need to arrange travel, transport, and accommodation to and from the conference.
- Read the news story about this opportunity here