Women in Sport Aotearoa is committed to ensuring that women and girls have a powerful and respected voice.
In its Strategic Plan, Women in Sport Aotearoa has pledged to be the voice that:
- Leads positive conversations around gender equity in sport and recreation
- Shares research and provides insight/commentary on results
- Challenges poor behaviours and holds stakeholders to account
- Showcases and celebrates the success of female leaders in sport and recreation
- Develops new and maximises all other available communication platforms to amplify the message
- Advocates with stakeholders, sector and media to increase quality and quantity of female sport coverage
- Empowers ambassadors to carry messages to a wide audience
Here are some examples of the advocacy work undertaken by Women in Sport Aotearoa:
Find out more about our Media Activity driving awareness and engagement in gender equity issues in sport.
Correct the Internet
A campaign launched in partnership with Team Heroine to help make sportswomen more visible on the internet.
Leadership from Lockdown – video series (April – June 2020)
Tune into our Leadership From Lockdown virtual interview series, exploring the challenges and opportunities presented by COVID-19.
Insight Bites – video series (ongoing from June 2020)
Check out our series of quick 15min ‘Insight Bites‘ with global and local leaders to find out how things are going in the wake of COVID-19.
Attend an upcoming event or book one of our speakers for your next event.