Women in Sport Aotearoa was established in late 2016 and became an Incorporated Society on 23 January 2017.
We were officially launched on United Nations International Women’s Day, 8 March 2017.
Some of our main Programmes include:
- Investment in research, to make sure that we have the very best information at hand so we, and our partners, can challenge the system with evidence
- Change leadership support for sporting organisations, influencing the way they develop gender strategies and make investment choices in women’s sport
- Campaigns championing existing and emerging females leaders, particularly in the coaching community where females are strongly underrepresented
- Public advocacy campaigns to draw attention to the issues that women and girls face, when seeking equity of opportunity within sport and recreation
- Advocacy directly with key influencers, such as media and broadcasters, to increase the quality and quantity of female representation within our society
- Speaking engagements to help raise awareness of the issues and changes needed to ensure a fairer and safer sporting system for women and girls
- Conferences and events designed to bring key influencers together and arm them with the best research and practices to create positive change
- Strategic support for a developing Women in Sport Network around New Zealand, with the fir regional hub already underway in Murihiku / Southland
- Ongoing delivery of New Zealand’s obligations to the International Working Group (IWG) on Women and Sport Secretariat & Conference 2018-2022
We are incredibly grateful for any support we receive. You can help too!
Grants & Trusts
Find out about our work with grants and trust funders.
Donations, Fundraising & Major Gifts
Read more about supporting our fundraising efforts.
Learn about our commercial partnerships philosophy and programme.